Friday 9 March 2012

True colors...

I had this 2 tops from the last summer and I got pretty bored of them :)
So for this summer I'll do a bit of re-style. :)
Just cut and remove the straps from the first top ( I'm gonna use them for something else soon...)


Sew the "skirt" part with the other top...
... and Voila! Colorful summer dress!



Just add a hair clip for decoration. I actually have loads of them so every time I wear the dress I can add a different flower.



Thanks for stopping by! See you soon! :)

6 comments:

THE DIVINITUS said...

awesome!

Nina Mia said...

Thank you! :)

mtg said...

Hi Nina,
Welcome to the blogosphere! Love the colors in this project. Well done!
Nina is my favorite name b/c that was my grandma's name and I named my daughter Nina :)

xx
Maya

Nina Mia said...

Oww thank you for the warm welcome, Maya! I hope that name will bring lots of luck and happiness to your daughter as it did to me! Thank you for the follow too and I hope you'll enjoy my blog! :)

Susan said...

Great idea and great colors--thanks for sharing. What kind of stitch did you use to sew the pieces together? What did you do to the raw edges?

Nina Mia said...

Thank you, Susan! I've never used a sewing machine in my life, simply because I don't know how to work on one. :) Everything I make is with hand stitches. For the raw edges I just hemmed the fabric and then just stitched with the other top together.